Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Sister, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..."

Thank goodness for these big sisters, who have really had a lot of fun with Junie for the last two days! Yesterday, we went to the park, where everyone used up some energy; I barely had the energy to walk to the park and actually thought I might pass out from fatigue. The girls played with each other for most of the day, with Junie having a short nap in the afternoon to recharge. Tom took the big kids shopping for school supplies - a task he described as "horrible" and vowed to never do again. I looooove school supply shopping, and always buy extras for myself ; ) The day got to be a bit much by bedtime and Junie was really sad and crying way hard...the day (or night) was saved by the jie jie - Riley in this case. Crying stopped as soon as Riley came into the room and both girls slept in Junie's bed all night. I slept like the dead from 10-5 and feel like a new person today!

We kept today low-key, hanging out at home and making a quick trip out for ice cream (vanilla w/ snow caps was Junie's pick). The paper product plague followed me home, apparently. The slacker employees who took their time getting around to taking my order, finally handed me all five frozen treats. She then obtusely asked me if I needed any napkins (they don't keep them out for public access)...I looked at the four girls and said, "Yep, probably need a bunch for this group". Said slacker employee then handed me two tiny paper napkins - "Here's a whole bunch" was her reply. Sigh...

The low point of the day came when Junie was eating her hard-boiled egg...again my gag reflex kicked in as I watched her carefully remove and then speedily devour all of the egg white. The golden nugget of the yolk was cherished and enjoyed slowly, leaving me a splendid view of her yolky mouth and hands. Other than in a delicious baked good, I have not eaten an egg since 1979, and don't intend to ever do so again in my lifetime. The horrid smell; I can't believe that something I tolerate having in the house just during Easter is now becoming a staple in my home. How can I phase them out?? Hmmm...time will tell.

Thanks for checking in - it was hard to get any good photos today, because J and the girls are in constant motion! Enjoy Quinn modeling w/ J's umbrella; Quinn thinks she is very stylish.








No comments:

Post a Comment