Monday, August 16, 2010

Home a whole week!

Wow, what a busy week it has been! Because June was adjusting so well and having such fun with the girls we did more than I had planned to do this week - spent time visiting with cousins, went to a family picnic and made a stop at my sis-in-law's surprise 40th! Wish we'd made it to the LPA picnic, but we couldn't squeeze it all in! Still trying to keep the girlie attached to me, and not overly friendly with other people. She is so funny, teasing people...pretending to share food, but then keeping it. Um, if you need a lesson in how to clean ALL the chicken off of a bone, check with J - I rank chicken wings just slightly above eggs, so it is not a pretty sight to me. There was not a shred of anything left on the bone when I finally pried it out of her greasy hands... I am hoping that her eating slows down a bit, once the novelty of having so many choices wears off. She is eating all the time! I am going to have to start tutoring more!

While I am pretty sure that I was knocked out of the running for Mom of the Year back around January 1st, I cemented that situation today...didn't take enough time to explain to J that I was taking Delaney somewhere in the car and that she was staying with Daddy. She apparently grabbed her Kai-lan backpack and was ready to run after me. Both she and Daddy were covered in a layer of snot and tears when his phone call brought me back. It is nice to be loved (or at least be the person she most trusts right now). Classic mistake there and lesson learned. We spent the rest of the afternoon quietly doing puzzles together. D and R are off at G-ma's for a sleepover...and Junie fell asleep on the couch at 6:30, clutching a little washcloth - apparently it doesn't need to be the green Mickey Mouse one she came home with, as she selected a fresh one from the laundry Q and I were folding. Will try to get Q off to bed at a reasonable hour and maybe Tom and I can get some sleep before anyone starts waking up in the night for snacks and drinks ; )

Tomorrow will be pretty quiet - Q has requested a walk to school to check on her little potty, and maybe a trip to the park on the way home. Only 12 days until school starts and this mom is not prepared! Will post more photos tomorrow, have some cute ones!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I just want to let you know how much I have enjoyed your blogs throughout your whole journey. Of course your adoption touches my heart (memories of bringing Angela home) and many times I was sniffling at the computer. What a beautiful little girl to join her three beautiful little sisters--they look so cute together! Congratulations and welcome home! Thanks for sharing your incredible story!

    ReplyDelete