Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hanging out at home...







I know my posting is past due here! We've been in cousin chaos here - pretty sure Junie thinks that Delaney and Riley might just store their things here and come over for the occasional meal - they've been hanging out with Molly and Jane all over the earth for the past week!
I have tried to keep Junie home a bit more and keep her napping when she needs to. We took a visit to her school, which she loooved (while it was empty and she had the toys to herself). Still not sure what to do about starting, etc. She definitely needs a nap in the afternoons; we'll see. She is so curious and wants to know about everything. She is a true magpie, repeating everything we say: There you go, I love you, Oh man, Uh oh, shoes...she is understanding more and more each day. I am going to have to start spelling anything I don't want her to know. And speaking of spelling, she has learned how to spell her name - she'll say J-U-N-E, Junie! She seems to really like her name.
She is loving books and has some favorites...Where Does Maisy Live?, I Love you Like Crazy Cakes, What Makes a Rainbow? She sits and looks at any written words - even when no pictures are involved. She must be getting this from Delaney, who, in the last week, has plowed through the first 3 Harry Potters and is working on the 4th. Junie continues to stick out her tongue when meeting new people, altohough she mostly managed to keep it in today when at Quinn's school for a meeting again. She is a happy, happy kid...sleeping well, eating non-stop still, coloring, playing with the girls...She occasionally gets mad if told no - she'll make a little low-pitched whiny sound, but generally bounces back quickly.
The project for this week is to try leaving her with Tom for a bit. Haven't tried since the disastrous day of snot...think she'll do just fine if she is at home with the girls and Tom. I'll be sure to leave a delightful roll of Angel Soft tissue that my friend was kind enough to give me as a gift when I leave.
Big girls all go back to school on Friday - and let me say, it is not a moment too soon. Their sudden need for constant entertainment has begun to overwhelm me. Let the craziness of school and activities begin. Frankly, Starbucks and I need to become reacquainted.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! We have been out of town for a few weeks with no internet...I am just loving your updates! Faith also loved eggs, and meat. She is on a Pepperoni kick now and will eat an entire bag a day. Gotta love these girls and their healthy appetites. Tell her SiSi says Hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, so glad that June is doing well and learning so fast! Isn't it exciting to watch them see/do things for the first time? Xander started to walk this week and is so happy! He must truly become their "real" sibling this week as one of my daughters announced today that he is a brat! Keep up the great work with your family and I love to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete