Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It's Official!After our 24 hour harmonious period, it is offical with my signature and thumbprint and Junie's handprint - she has been adopted and is offically a Lyons! We had a really good day yesterday - a little sad after her nap and a lot sad at bathtime. Took quite a while to settle in after the bath, but even when she was crying, Ying Ying stayed on my lap and let me hold her and comfort her! After that she slept for 10 hours. I enjoyed the peaceful sound of her snoring to the left of me and the hibernating bear in a cave snoring of Sarah to my right. (Excuse me, Sarah has interrupted to say that she has a delicate harmony of a snore). Another awesome night of sleep for me here in Changsha!!!!So, today we returned to the Civil Affairs office to finalize the adoption - checked paperwork, signed, thumb and hand-printed and notarized. After shelling out two more gifts, the process was finished! Junie had no desire to see the director from her SWI again - she was definitely worried about what might be changing again - she just hugged against me the whole time and kept her face turned away from everything. Back to the hotel in what may have been an illegal taxi driven by a lady of the night, to enjoy some leftover lunch, naps, and swimming.She is showing off her playful, funny side and I have no doubt that she will fit in well with the Lyons girls! We have skyped with them, and although the girls are disappointed that she won't talk for them, she is talking up a storm for me - a fraction of which I am actually understanding ; ) She did call me "mama" today - not just repeating, but really saying it!!! Today she is wearing a stylish coral tutu and white t-shirt, an outfit she selected.Tomorrow, we'll be headed to an amusement park type place, that our guide Wendy says is suitable for young kids. Have had some interesting conversations and encounters with people asking about the adoption, what LP's can do in the US as they can't really find employment here in China and are mainly part of tourist attractions...On the whole it seems to be a positive response with a few angry/ disapproving looks in between. Whatever, peeps!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! We are overjoyed for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Enjoy every second of your new daughter--and China!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Junie Lyons! So cute, so perfect! So happy for all of you! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete